Civic Engagement believes in rewarding good deeds. Students can earn volunteer rewards through Civic Engagement, be nominated for university service awards and gain recognition for their service from the President of the United States through the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
President’s Volunteer Service Award
Students who completed 100 hours or more of community service during a calendar year are eligible for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. Recipients receive a personalized certificate, an official pin and a congratulatory letter from the President of the United States. Students must log volunteer hours on GivePulse in order to be eligible for this award.
Students who have questions regarding how to log volunteer hours in order to be eligible for rewards should contact Civic Engagement at 404-413-1550 or email Civic Engagement.
Carl V. Patton President’s Awards for Community Service & Social Justice
Civic Engagement is currently accepting nominations for the 2020 Carl V. Patton President’s Awards for Community Service and Social Justice. This prestigious award will be given to individuals and organizations who exemplify a commitment to serving others and the Atlanta community at the Service Recognition Awards at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 21 in the Student Center East Ballroom.
The five award categories are:
- Outstanding Community Impact Award, Student: Given to a Georgia State University student who has exemplified outstanding service to the community.
- Outstanding Community Impact Award, Student Organization: Awarded to a chartered Georgia State University student organization that has provided exemplary service to the community.
- Outstanding Faculty or Staff Award: Recognizes a Georgia State University faculty or staff member who has dedicated his or her time in addressing a need in the Atlanta community.
- Outstanding University Program Award: Acknowledges the efforts of campus programs that are created to serve Atlanta’s needs.
- Outstanding Community Partner Award: Highlights the relationship between Georgia State University and a non-profit community agency to address community needs.
Please click on the application button below to submit a nomination for the 2020 Carl V. Patton President’s Awards for Community Service and Social Justice to Student Civic Engagement to be considered for the award.
Nominations will not be accepted after February 7, 2020 at 5 p.m.
For any questions concerning your Carl V. Patton President’s Awards for Community Service and Social Justice nomination, please call 404-413-1550 or email Civic Engagement.