The Georgia State University President’s Awards for Community Service and Social Action recognize students, student organizations, faculty, staff, and community partners who are making significant contributions to the greater Atlanta community through their outstanding commitment to service.
The recipients of these prestigious awards will have demonstrated the University’s philosophy and commitment to developing positive connections with our community to gain a better understanding of civic responsibility.
Nomination materials for the 2013-2014 awards process are due on Friday, February 14, 2014.
Nominations should be submitted to the Office of Civic Engagement in the University Center 428/429. For questions regarding the President’s Awards for Community Service and Social Action, please contact Jennifer Bodnar at 404-413-1552.
Past President’s Award Recipients
- The Outstanding Community Impact Student Award is awarded to a Georgia State University student that has exemplified a commitment to service and to the community.
- 2014: Olufemi Bab-Oke
- 2013: Carmen Williams
- 2012: Jasmine Speights
- 2011: Sarah Higinbotham
- 2010: Frank Bragg
- 2009: Ashley Fennessey
- 2008: Karishma Saini
- 2007: Kheli Faulkner
- 2006: Gaurav Bhatia
- The Outstanding Community Impact Student Organization Award is awarded to a student organization that has an ongoing commitment to serving the community.
- 2014: GSU Student Athlete Advisory Council
- 2013: Panther Breakaway
- 2012: Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Incorporated
- 2011: Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
- 2010: Alpha Phi Alpha
- 2009: The Nursing Students at Georgia State (NSGS)
- 2008: The Rialto Student Ambassadors
- 2007: American Medical Students Association
- 2006: Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority
- The Outstanding Faculty or Staff Member Award is given to a person who exemplifies the spirit of volunteerism.
- 2014: Eshe’ Collins
- 2013: Dr. Matthew Robison
- 2012: Alyssa Dunn
- 2011: Dr. Julia Perilla
- 2010: Dr. Mary Gebhardt
- 2009: Pamela Willingham
- 2008: Dr. Peggy Gallagher
- 2007: Dr. Marshall Kreuter
- 2006: Dr. Lori Elliot
- The Outstanding University Program is awarded to a program that requires master level students to address the most critical of community needs.
- 2014: African American Studies, Service Learning Program
- 2013: Project Healthy Grandparents
- 2012: Farm Workers Health Program
- 2011: Nursing Students at Georgia State
- 2010: Computer Assisted Debate Project
- 2009: The Masters in Social Work Community Project (developed by the School of Social Work)
- 2008: The Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic
- 2007: The BioBus Program
- 2006: After-School All-Stars
- The Outstanding Community Partner Award honors an organization that partners with Georgia State University to serve the greater Atlanta community.
- 2014: Gateway Center
- 2013: SafeHouse Outreach
- 2012: Fulton County Schools Homeless Program
- 2011: Agape and the Masters of Social Work program
- 2010: H.A.B.E.S.H.A., INC.
- 2009: The Study Hall after-school enrichment program
- 2008: The Enchanted Closet
- 2007: Georgia Justice Project
- 2006: Community Housing Resource Center